Contact Us

We can be contacted at the following address, or by posting a comment to this webpage. Scroll down to use the input/comment form.


{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Linda February 3, 2012 at 7:53 pm

I have lived in FL for 3 years and I am new to this. Would like to know how this program works and how I can obtain some assistance with my child (9yrs) who has Austism.

Thank you


floridarespite February 4, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Thank you submitting your inquiry. This is our most frequently asked question. The best place for you to start is our Caregiver Locator, which will allow you to input you’re County, your child’s age, and Autism; then, it will list local caregivers/respite providers that can assist you. In addition, we have some articles posted to the website that may interest you. At this time, we do not have an outreach budget to provide direct financial support. We wish you the best!


Cynthia Rosa April 25, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Do you have any programs for children with ADHD?


floridarespite May 20, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Florida Respite Coalition is a referral service to aid those needing respite care to locate care providers in their local area.
Although ADHD is not specifically included in our search list of populations served, you may be able to locate services in your area by searching the Caregiver Database for County, Services, and Age Groups; and contacting the resulting providers. We will consider adding ADHD in a future update to the website.


L.R. Brooks July 21, 2012 at 3:49 pm

How may a family member obtain RESPITE services for a grandparent with Alzheimer’s living in the home?


floridarespite October 23, 2012 at 4:08 am

You can do a search of our care giver database for care providers in your area who provide the service you need. Unfortunately, there may not be providers for all services listed in all counties. Florida Respite Coalition maintains the database only, and has no grants or scholarships available to pay for care. However, we are always looking for additional care providers to register with us.


Ron Darnell August 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I have custody of 2 of my grandchildren with ADHD, ODD, AND BY-POLE. I need a advocacy for one at school with a IEP to help with his rights can you help me please!!!!!


floridarespite November 7, 2012 at 12:00 am

We’re sorry for the struggles you’re encountering. We have no resources for one on one advocacy. You should contact the school to determine what resources are available through special education.


Vicky August 29, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Is there any security clearance done on your providers? Specifically, finger printing & back ground checks to ensure providers do not have criminal histories? there is always a concern about elder or child abuse &/or exploitation. Thank you for your response.


floridarespite October 23, 2012 at 3:43 am

We provide a matching opportunity for service providers and people needing respite care. We do not currently have the resources to provide background checks, and so cannot endorse either service providers or service users. We encourage you to request and check references.


floridarespite October 23, 2012 at 4:18 am

We recently sent mailings to many our registered caregivers requesting them to update their listings. We have been notified that some of the mailings were missing the login credentials. We are reviewing the situation, and encourage you to contact us if your login information was omitted. We will respond by email with the needed information.


floridarespite November 28, 2012 at 12:40 am

Comments on this page have been temporarily disabled, for technical reasons. Please contact us at Contact@FloridaRespite.ORG. Thank you.


Leave a Comment